Peter Fordham, a Principal at Norbridge, specializes in mining, energy and transportation. He has 20 years of consulting and industry experience, with significant focus on process improvement, strategy, operations, and organizational assignments for diverse clients.
Examples of his projects include:
- For a coal producer, he has worked on process improvement projects with a dozen project teams to improve performance at mines, preparation plants and rail loadouts
- For a coal producer, he worked with a team of operations and maintenance personnel as well as the company president to analyze the company's coal mining process and identify opportunities to increase productivity and cut cost
- For a coal producer, he analyzed coal transportation issues and trends to help identify potential problems, concerns, and strategic opportunities
- For a coal producer, he evaluated rail loadout capacity and growth opportunities at their largest mine
- For a railroad, he worked with the coal marketing and operating departments to identify opportunities to increase revenue, reduce cost and improve efficiency in coal transportation
- For a railroad, he worked with the coal marketing department to develop market strategies to increase traffic levels, revenue and profitability
- For a Great Lakes port operator, he evaluated the feasibility of developing a coal blending facility
- For an east coast port, he evaluated the feasibility of developing a coal export terminal
Prior to joining Norbridge, Mr. Fordham was a Senior Associate at Mercer Management Consulting where he conducted numerous assignments in the energy, transportation and mining industries. Prior to joining Mercer, he was Manager of Planning for the Coal Marketing Department at Conrail, and a corporate planner for Standard Oil Company.
Mr. Fordham holds an MBA from the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania with focus in finance and corporate planning. He also has an A.B. degree from Harvard College with focus in government and economics. He is the co-founder of the International Industry Summit on Mining Performance, an annual conference focused on process improvement in the mining industry.